SPLAT GM combines nature-identical gypsy moth (GM) pheromone with SPLAT to control the gypsy moth, Lymantria dispar
, using the environmentally friendly mating disruption
strategy. Unlike wide spectrum insecticides which may impact beneficial insects (such as bees) or may cause insecticide resistance build-up, SPLAT GM is species specific and does not cause resistance issues. This is the same formulation that is operationally approved for aerial application and applied by the USDA Forest Service under the USDA Slow-the-Spread of Gypsy Moth Program, offered in caulking tubes for convenient manual application.
Mating disruption control is generally not recommended to protect plots of less than 2.5 acres or individual trees.
Learn about the advantages and cost effectiveness of SPLAT mating disruption here
Learn more about SPLAT GM, the federal and state EPA label and information here
For an organic formulation that meets USDA and EPA organic requirements, try SPLAT GM Organic.
SPLAT GM, packaged in caulking tubes for convenient application, is optimized for use in small areas of less than 5 acres (bulk material is available for larger areas). GM monitoring using species specific pheromone trap ISCAlure Dispar should be a part of your SPLAT GM mating disruption program. Please contact us, or your extension entomologist or PCO to learn more about SPLAT mating disruption.
• Suggested Schedule: Apply SPLAT GM in the Spring. Monitor GM populations and consider additional applications if trap catch thresholds are met. Timing can vary by environmental conditions. Consult your pest control advisor for help to establish damage thresholds and determine application timing.
• Application Rate: 1 tube per acre.
• Application Equipment: Off-the-shelf standard caulking gun. Caulking gun not included.
• Field Duration: 12-16 weeks depending on environmental conditions.
• Species Specific Pheromone Trap: See information about ISCAlure Dispar here. Sold separately.
Active Ingredients: Disparlure, gypsy moth pheromone: (Z)-7,8-Epoxy-2-methyloctadecane: 13.0%.
Packaging: Standard caulking tube, 250 grams per tube. Includes SPLAT GM instruction sheet and SPLAT User’s Guide.
Storage Information: Store tubes horizontally in cool and dry place. For longer storage life, store tubes horizontally in refrigerator at 4 degrees celcius (do not freeze).
Shelf Life: 18 to 24 months if properly stored.
Pricing is per tube, 250 grams per tube. Minimum order quantity is 4 tubes, please order no less than 4 tubes.